I was reading a great article this morning that I am too embarrassed to link or share because it’s personal and exposes some issues I’ve been having within myself that I’m not ready to talk about at this moment. Surprisingly enough, this article appeared to have nothing to do with spirituality or self-help it was actually a business-y professional article that talked a lot about just being present. Interesting!
In this reading I found reminders I really needed to hear today. If I know anything about how this energy works, I know that because I needed it today there are people out there that need it today too. These teachings are mostly from Eckhart Tolle (again, surprise).
Rather than writing a long epic post I want to list five reminders that helped me today get back in alignment:
- You can only control your thoughts so make them good ones.
- Sometimes we feel like there is a gap between where we are and where we want to be. Living in the present moment means that you are okay with this moment right now once you can be okay with this moment the next moment is also okay and you start to find gratitude everywhere by being present in each moment.
- We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.” -The Talmud
- If there is a voice inside telling you that something is making you feel not okay, figure out what you think you’re lacking and gain an understanding of why you feel like that (again, it’s just a story you are telling yourself) and why it is important you have that “important thing”. Ask yourself, “Who in my head is saying I need this?” “Is it true?” “Where did I learn it was ‘bad’ to not have this thing?’
- Where your attention goes, your energy flows. Okay, so this might not be good especially if you’re wasting energy on thinking about what you are lacking. Not only are you going to further obsess about it, you are literally closing pathways to whatever it is that you want but having a crappy mindset, so knock it off.
Pretty simple, these reminders helped me instantly become more present with a lot of what I feel like I’m lacking today. Of course putting these into practice is easier said than done, but at the end of the day, ask yourself how you can relax deeper into your self and your thoughts and you will be guided.